What are TED and TEDx
TED (Technology Entertainment Design) is a series of internationally renowned conferences whose slogan is “Ideas worth spreading.
The conference is held annually in Vancouver, Canada. Popular videos from the event are called TED Talks. Published on TED’s main website, they become available to viewers worldwide. More than 2.5 million talks have been posted online and viewed more than 4 billion times.
TEDx is a brand that emerged in 2009, along with the TED license. The latter can be obtained by anyone willing to organize a conference of this format. The events are held in the spirit of TED’s mission: ideas worth spreading. The “x” suffix means this is an independent event.
The main goal is to enable local communities, organizations, and sole proprietors to share their experience, facilitate communication, and help spread ideas across the world
TEDxEkaterininskyGarden was looking for a reliable provider that could ensure high-quality streaming.
“We needed a smooth and high-quality video stream, otherwise the speeches wouldn’t be watched by so many people, and all the funds spent on advertising and promotion would be wasted.”
To achieve this goal, the organizers chose the G‑Core Labs streaming platform.
“This is the second streaming project with G‑Core Labs as our service provider,” says Sasha Gorbatenko. “The streaming platform is user-friendly, so it was easy to customize the video streams in accordance with our requirements. More than 30,000 people watched our conference, and everything was impeccable. Not a single viewer had any issues with quality, playback speed, or access to videos.”
Why TEDx organizers chose our streaming solution
- 4K videos on any device. The streaming platform delivers 4K video to any device. Thanks to the adaptive bitrate, the video quality in the player changes from 240p to 4K automatically, depending on the internet connection.
- Quick start and no buffering. Thanks to integration with CDN, videos start quickly without buffering, and the content is delivered across the world at a consistently high speed.
- Fast video loading and the ability to copy the code link in order to use it on other platforms.
- Delivery of Full HD, 4K, 360°, and 3D content without any investments in infrastructure.
- Convenience and ease of use.
“The G‑Core Labs team not only helped us choose the right solution, but also customized everything to our needs. The technical support team was attentive and promptly answered all of our questions. We’d like to relay our special thanks to them.”